Sunday, May 20, 2012

Tweeted Topics: Drake's Most Romantic Songs *Part One*

Best I Ever Had: 

      Yes, 'Best I Ever Had' is a rap song but it's also his first radio hit and it is about an ex. Scratch that, someone he was in love with at the time. And he was talking about when he made it, how life would be for him and his girl. The song also sets well with me because being one of his first radio hits, he kept surprising us. Drake is initially known for his acting abilities and was picked up by Lil Wayne for his rapping. In Best I Ever Had, Drake showed he's a singer...a good singer!! This isn't the top song on my list of MOST romantic songs, I'm really just going by the alphabet in my music selection. LOL.


Brand New:

       Now 'Brand New' is much better. It's a much softer tone, its sweet, it's on and off beat (like 'The Real Her') sends you away and his pleading in the song makes you fall in love. The fact that (hypothetically) he's asking you if the relationship is going right or if anything he's doing brand new, is sweet and very modest. It's an endearing quality Drake always has and will have and capture in his music. Brand New is really one of Drake's best, most romantic songs and can go down as a classic for the rapper/singer. I love it. One of the best on So Far Gone. 

Fall For Your Type (Same Mistakes):

Ok. Being honest here, I cried the first time I heard Fall For Your Type (when it was just one minute and eight-teen seconds). It's so sad because it tells a sad story because he's falling for a type that is obviously bad because....he can't explain this shit at all, right? But it's also a comforting tale because he's telling the girl to relax, have fun and they'll be fine. There's no real "break down" for the song itself (since it is technically Jamie Foxx's song and Drake just made it and did the chorus for him) but I like it better than the version they play on the radio, Jamie Foxx FEATURING Drake. Same Mistakes showed Drake's singing voice early on and it goes into the collection of his songs that show him wearing his heart out on his sleeve.  He's taking a girl's song, making it his own and then giving it to someone else and making it THEIR hit. Timeless. I fall for this song everytime I hear it. 

Find Your Love:

   I LOVE Find Your Love! I love how you can dance to it but it's not like those pointless dance songs other rappers make. It's like a dance ballad and people constantly say its repetitive but its still really good (hey, hey, hey). Drake said in an interview with MTV that this song was to show he takes risks. He basically stated that he took a female's song (or a song that a female should be singing) and flipped it to a male's perspective. To be honest, I wouldn't want a girl singing this after hearing Drake. Find Your Love is like apart of my top 3 favorite songs on Thank Me Later. The song is short and it gets to the point. Find Your Love is like an anthem for getting what you want...finding your love, giving your all and hoping nothing tears you apart. 

1 comment:

  1. Hello Dinner4Date, I just want to tell you that I love your site and thank you for your great articles and suggestions.
    Best romantic music

    ReplyDelete