Sunday, May 20, 2012

Tweeted Topics: Drake's Most Romantic Songs *Part Two*

Houstatlantavegas: 

Everyone knows how I feel about Houstatlantavegas and I think everyone feels the same way. The song title is basically a state drunkenness, it's possibly about a stripper (throw your ones up in the air for her) and I think it's a place between love and a hangover. Houstatlantavegas is pure emotion and his raw voice paired with one of the best beats I've ever heard. As said on the official TeamDrizzyFacts Twitter, Houstatlantavegas is like being whisked off your feet by Drake's voice to another place by the beat of the song.  Houstatlantavegas is forever a classic. I would really enjoy it if Drake could make more songs like this...we need more cool Twitter locations. 

I Get Lonely Too:

In I Get Lonely Too, Drake is admitting that hey, I get lonely too. I need some affection just as much as you do. The song is a remake from TCL's "Fanmail". It's actually word for word which is kind of surprising cause Drake pretty much took the whole song and made it better. One of my favorite things about the song is him saying 'Take me to another place where I'll be face, just you and me. With no rules. Just like you.' I like how he wants to be alone or he wants to be somewhere else with you mentally. Drake's lyrics aren't always sexual. I like how in his older songs, you have to sit down and actually listen to what he's saying. Take in all the places and words and things that go on in his head. Basically, he wants you to do that in I Get Lonely Too.

Karaoke:

 Karaoke might seem like just another mid tempo song that Drake is singing but there's actually a lot more to the song than you know. The song is about his rejection from the girl that he was dating as a teen. 'She couldn't date a star', the broken hearted Drake said in an interview about the song. It's actually kind of sad. Drake raps "Isn't ironic that the girl I wanna marry is a wedding planner" which is true (the wedding planner part) Jade Lee is a wedding planner and Drake's ex girlfriend. Drake also sings about his rise to success all alone. Karaoke can be put in the same category as Fall For Your Type, a song that can make you think, cry, get drunk to, etc, etc. 

A Night Off:

A Night Off...is literally sex with Drake. How romantic can that possibly get? What I enjoy mostly about the song is Drake's seductive backing vocals. I like how his voice was a little deeper and more raspy whenever he echoed something. Lloyd was....Lloyd but Drake made the whole song before it even reached 30 seconds. The song is basically Drake coming back for...'you' since you've been neglected for the studio. I wouldn't like a reunion in any other way... <3

The Real Her:

The Real Her is a keeper. One of my faves on Take Care. I enjoy the stop and go beat  but mostly, I enjoy how Drake is looking deeper into the girl and deeper into the relationship itself. There isn't much to explain when it comes to this song. I just like it. It's slow, it's romantic and it captures Drake's endearing quality in a certain light. 

Something:

Something isn't a very long song and it isn't even official. It's one of the tracks off Drake's 'HeartBreak Drake' MySpace mixtapes and it's honestly something. I love how in the very beginning, Drake gets to how he's 'falling too fast' and that 'clearly rules don't apply'. It's only 2 minutes but it's one of those romantic songs that make you want someone to just say those words to you. Drake has always had simple and playful ways to say "I Love You" or "I'm Falling For You" and Something is one of those songs. It feels like a preview of Fall For Your Type because he draws back his claim of falling and says "maybe it's just nothing at all". It's nice how Drake goes back and forth from "falling too fast" to "maybe it's just nothing at all" and back to "I guess it's what we make it". I love Something. It's always been one of my favorite Drake songs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment