Sunday, May 20, 2012

Yesterday's Topic: "Successful"

Yesterday, I listened to Drake & Trey Songz' hit, "Successful". While listening, I could hear the raw emotion in his rap. It was clean cut and perfect. It's obvious we don't hear this Drake anymore. We don't even hear Drake and Trey Songz together anymore. Successful showed that Drake didn't really need hardcore lyrics in order to kill the song. Drake also didn't need a heavy beat. The song itself was very simple but was extravagant as any rap song can be. I'm not saying that I don't like Drake or his style of music but "Successful" and the entire "So Far Gone" set-up, delivery and pitch was flawless. So Far Gone was by FAR Drake's best mixtape. I mean, it got him Grammy Nominations, a multi-million dollar record deal and the fame and success him and Trey longed for in the song at hand. 

No comments:

Post a Comment